What does the chamber do?
WHAT DOES THE CHAMBER DO FOR THE CITY AND THE COUNTY?
- Is open for business. Whether individuals are seeking to open a business in Kingman/Kingman County or grow their existing business, the Chamber is here to help.
- Refers callers to businesses in Kingman/Kingman County.
- Refers walk-in visitors to businesses in Kingman/Kingman County.
- Distributes a monthly newsletter, “Chamber Connections” to keep our community/county up to date on what is happening.
- Broadcasts e-mails weekly in order to provide our members with the most up-to-date information.
- Maintains a Facebook page promoting businesses, employment opportunities, announcements, etc.
- Maintains a Twitter account.
- Supports an aluminum can recycling program which benefits Chamber programs.
- Works closely with the director of Kingman County Economic Development.
- Promotes the city wide recycling program.
- Promotes shopping local through our “Chamber Bucks” gift certificate program.
(2011 = $10,900; 2012 = $11,771.92; 2013 = $14,592.65).
- Promotes an official “Shop Local” campaign through a partnership with the Kingman Leader Courier.
- Refers callers seeking housing to local real estate agents.
- Hosts Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Opening celebrations.
- Implemented Strategic Planning sessions for Kingman/Kingman County.
- Offers training/seminars through the Kansas Small Business Development Center.
- Offers training/seminars through Cox Communications, i.e. Social Media, Cell Phone, Cell Phone Applications, etc.
- Assists in the design and distribution Kingman/Kingman County brochures.
- Gives presentations to local organization, such as Lions Club, Rotary Club.
- Hosted Job Fair.
- Distributes educational materials from area agencies, such as the Kansas Small Business Administration.
- Participated in Kingman Soars, a program designed to mentor KHS students.
- Distributes magazines and materials from Travel Kansas.
- Distributes local telephone books, city maps, State highway maps, etc.
- Distributes member promotional items, such as business cards, ink pens, emery boards, coffee cups, hats, measuring tapes, etc.
- Provides music for Downtown Kingman.
- Offers notary service.
- Hosts a website that includes relevant stories, event calendar, accommodations, area churches, attractions, dining, relocation information and links to area businesses.
Plans and promotes community activities and events each year, which are
designed to attract more visitors to our city. Some examples are the Spring Fling, Fall Festival, Doggie Days, Golf Tournament and the annual Lighted Christmas Parade.
- Keeps Kingman/Kingman County in the local and area news by preparing frequent press releases, interviews, and by purchasing paid advertising.
- Represents and promotes Kingman/Kingman County through our numerous affiliations with other organizations.
Coordinates their efforts with those of other groups to expose our businesses
to as many people as possible.
Serves on numerous committees in the community including the Law Enforcement Center, the Kingman County Activity Center, USD 331 Six Star Program, USD 331 Substance Abuse.
- Member of the Chamber Executives of Kansas.
- Member of the South Central Kansas Chamber of Commerce Directors. Host meeting of organization in Kingman, thereby promoting our community/county.
- Member of the South Central Kansas Tourism Region. Host meeting of organization in Kingman, thereby promoting our community/county.
- Submits pertinent information on Kingman/Kingman County to the South Central Kansas Tourism Region website.
- Submits pertinent information on Kingman/Kingman County for the Travel Kansas website.
- Is the point of contact for politicians planning to visit Kingman/Kingman County.
- Provides members with a bulk mail stamp allowing them to market their business.
- Mentors FBLA students by providing volunteer opportunities in the office and on the Chamber board.
Keeps its finger on the pulse of the local economy. Stays informed on the issues that impact our business community.
- Provides an abundance of networking opportunities, such as Friday Morning Percolators.
- Secured the production of a movie which showcased residents and landscapes in Kingman/Kingman County.
- Helps businesses stay informed and connected.
- Helps to build a community to which residents, visitors and investors are attracted.
Is an ambassador for our city/county in everything we do.